Here are some interesting factoids about content remarketing using Google AdWords I have gleaned from a recent Google AdWords sponsored seminar you may not know.
- Did you know that 96% of your website visitors leave your website without completing the action you desire (converting)?
- 70% of all e-commerce shoppers abandon your website shopping cart.
- Remarketing allows for you to tap this hidden market to expose your message again to try to keep your name in front of interested potential customers.
Remarketing is pretty easy to set up. Here’s how you do it:
- You insert code on key pages of your website
- the customer visits these key pages and a cookie is set on their computer
- you set up a remarketing campaign in Google AdWords defining criteria of when to show your ads
- as these visitors travel the web they see your AdWords ads on any page in the Google Network they visit.
Cool – but make sure you set up frequency capping in your remarketing campaign settings so you are not giving the appearance that you are spamming your visitors. Also make sure you set the cookie set length. You want to keep your name in front of potential customers for a short time (30 days or less) after they have visited your website but not “stalk” them around the web and make them mad.