Are you thinking about redesigning your website? Read our short checklist of things that you should consider as you plan your website redesign.
1. Set a realistic budget first. Cheap is not always the right approach.
2. Consider if you will use Flash or not. If you use Flash, use it as enhancement not the platform for your site as you will have trouble with search engine placement if you site is all Flash.
3. Now’s the time to integrate video! Create your videos in .mov format and have your web designer turn them into speedy Flash applications. Don’t forget to load your .mov videos onto YouTube and Google Video for greater exposure.
4. Review your content and get a “real writer” to upgrade and create new content for your website. Engaging and keyword dense content will really help your website with search engines.
5. Make sure that your site is the best it can be for search engines. Use the Meta tag fields, h1 and h2 tags and do not use images where you can use text.
Make sure that you don’t lose organic placement when you redesign your website, build on what you have don’t lose what you have.