With the year winding down, now's the time to make sure that your website is really working as a lead and sales generating machine to boost fourth quarter sales.
Updating your website to work harder for you does not always mean a website redesign! You have options. Sometimes changing the home page, updating your website Meta tags, adding a new blog, or getting started on Google AdWords are all you need to get the fourth quarter boost that you want to end the fiscal year with a profit.
We invite you to visit our website and review our arsenal of services and then phone us to chat. We'll be here when you need us!
I am frequently asked to help a client decide where their advertising budget is best spent in regards to building long term value and improving their website's organic placement. Is it Faceboook, Twitter, or a blog? My answer for most businesses is that blogging is by far the most valuable thing you can do to improve your website's organic (or unpaid) placement on search engines. Not only that, but blogging also improves stickiness, how long a visitor stays on your website; giving you more time to sell your products and services.
Here's exactly what blogging does for a website (when the blog in housed on the same domain server as the parent website):
- Builds inbound links to your website.
- Keeps the site "fresh" in terms of search robot spiders. The spiders see something new every time they visit and so they return more frequently.
- Allows for interaction with prospects and clients. It is not uncommon for us to see comments asking sales related questions on the blogs we manage. If we are not managing your blog, make sure you are reviewing your blog comments weekly to not miss selling opportunities.
- Increases the time a visitor spends on your website and lowers the bounce rate.
- Provides value to the website visitor and adds web authority (over time) with search engines through keyword density and keyword repetition.
- Acts as an entry point for specific keyword phrases or topics when the blog post title matches a search query.
- Additionally, blog posts can be reused for e-newsletter content or article syndication allowing the cost for writing to be spread across several optimization activities that will garner more exposure and grow inbound link numbers.
- Develops your business as an authority on a topic that is closely matched to your services. By building the number of content pages on your website you build authority in the eyes of search engines. A search spider considers each blog post as if it were a new content page.
- Quality blog posts can garner TV or print media contacts for additional interviews or media exposure opportunities in trade publications or online sites.
- Blog posts can be used to build keyword density in an organic optimization technique that focuses on specific phrases that can then be monitored for search engine result position movement.
To find out more about blogging and about our blog writing services I invite you to visit our website. Blogging is a core business for us. We employ seven writers; providing blog posts from $20 to $50 for a wide variety of business blogs.