It’s time time to review your ad spend on Google Ads and get your advertising on target to generate more leads at a lower cost. Here at McCord Web Services, we are bullish on the use of Microsoft Advertising and ChatGPT is the reason why.
Bing is the second-largest search engine worldwide with a 2.47% market share¹. Bing’s cut of the market has increased by 1.23% since 2019¹. Bing’s market share peaked at 3.63% in 2014¹.
In the desktop search engine market, Bing has a global market share of 6.15%¹. Bing’s share of the desktop search market has grown by 26.8% since 2019, increasing from 4.85%¹. By comparison, when it comes to desktop searches, Google has a market share of 86.82%¹.
Microsoft generated $8.53 billion in search advertising revenue in the 2021 fiscal year¹. Bing is available in 105 languages and 238 countries¹. Bing has a market share of 38.46% among US console users¹.
In summary, Bing’s market share has been growing since 2019 but still lags behind Google’s market share which is currently at 92.13%¹. However, Bing is still generating significant revenue for Microsoft and is available in many languages and countries¹.
With the introduction of the tight integration of Windows 11 and Edge and popularity and news buzz on ChatGPT and integration into Bing’s search bar, Bing’s popularity is not through the roof. Market share and interest continues to grow.
As for our clients, many have started to move into Microsoft Advertising and are getting great results.
Maybe you should be looking at Microsoft Advertising for lower cost conversions than Google Ads. For a number of clients we are seeing conversion costs of under $50 when a conversion in Google is over $100. Visit our website for more information on our Microsoft Advertising services today.
Today’s update using ChatGPT:
As of April 2021, Google holds a whopping **92.18%** share of the global search engine market while Bing ranks second with a market share of **2.27%**².
However, Bing Ads reach **63 million** searchers that aren’t reached with Google AdWords¹. Bing prompts **35% higher** in results than Google Ads³. Bing also has a less competitive playfield which means users do not have much to bid on keywords to secure their search result spot³. Microsoft adds that Bing covers **34%** of desktop-based search engine space³.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 3/29/2023(1) Bing vs Google: 2023 Head to Head Comparison | SerpWatch. https://serpwatch.io/blog/bing-vs-google/ Accessed 3/29/2023.
(2) Bing Ads vs. Google Ads: Which Deserves Your Ad Dollars? – WebFX. https://www.webfx.com/blog/marketing/google-adwords-vs-bing-ads/ Accessed 3/29/2023.
(3) Bing Ads vs. Google Ads: Which Platform is Better in 2023?. https://www.thinkorion.com/blog/bing-ads-vs-google-ads Accessed 3/29/2023.
(4) Global search engine desktop market share 2023 | Statista. https://www.statista.com/statistics/216573/worldwide-market-share-of-search-engines/ Accessed 3/29/2023.
(5) Bing Ads vs. Google Ads: The Pros & Cons of Each Platform – Instapage. https://instapage.com/blog/bing-ads-vs-google-ads Accessed 3/29/2023.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 3/27/2023(1) Microsoft Bing Usage and Revenue Stats (New Data) – Backlinko. https://backlinko.com/bing-users Accessed 3/27/2023.
(2) 46 Critical Bing Statistics: 2023 Market Share Analysis & Data. https://financesonline.com/bing-statistics/ Accessed 3/27/2023.
(3) Global search engine desktop market share 2023 | Statista. https://www.statista.com/statistics/216573/worldwide-market-share-of-search-engines/ Accessed 3/27/2023.
(4) Microsoft Bing hits 100 million active users in bid to grab share from …. https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/9/23631912/microsoft-bing-100-million-daily-active-users-milestone Accessed 3/27/2023.