In the last few weeks Bing has upgraded its webmaster control panel from insignificant to significant. In fact, in many ways Bing Webmaster Tools make Google Webmaster Tools appear superfluous.
In the new Bing interface here are some new things you can now do:
- Link Explorer. You can now review backlinks for your own Bing verified site or for pages on a competing website.
- SEO Analyzer. Get real page specific help highlighted for you with recommendations.
- SEO Report. Bing will even create a report for you of which pages in your site need code help for better optimization.
- Canonical Alerts. Bing will let you know if it finds a problem in your message box.
- URL Removal tool. Don’t like a URL? Get rid of it from the Bing index tied to your site.
- Keyword Research. Bing integrates a keyword search tool in their site helping you to focus on optimizing your website for better search terms.
Personally I find many of the tools very user friendly and helpful. I think Bing has done a wonderful job at integrating these new tools into their webmaster control panel and making them highly understandable and helpful for website owners and site webmasters.