Interesting Tidbits on the AdWords Conversion Optimizer
- Using the Conversion Optimizer increases conversions an average of 21%.
- The Conversion Optimizer decreases the cost per acquisition (CPA) on the average 14%.
- The Conversion Optimizer will modify top converting keyword bids aggressively for position.
- It alters each unique bid by the user’s location, time of day, and operating system.
- Google recommends using the Target CPA versus Max. CPA setting.
I really like the Conversion Optimizer and have found that it really does work to increase leads and decrease costs. You will need a minimum of 15 conversions in a 30 day period to enable settings.
The difference between Target CPA and Max. CPA are noted below.
Target CPA The average amount you want to pay for each conversion. I have personally found that this setting may not be best for every account.
Max. CPA The most you want to pay for a conversion. More of my client accounts use this setting. If Target CPA does not provide results I move clients to the Max. CPA at a higher or recommended setting. I have seen accounts drop in conversions when I move from Max. CPA to Target CPA.
Make sure to check out our Google AdWords management programs online if you are looking for a new account manager.