Blogging is a core business for my firm, McCord Web Services. I have found that website owners that take a little bit of time to help our writer get their footing, help us to do a better job delivering what they need for organic search placement and development of web authority.
Here are a few tips to help your blog writer when you start blogging.
- Make sure to let your writer know your audience – age, gender, typical demographics.
- Supply a short list of about ten keyword phrases that you think people will use to find you.
- Offer a short selection of links of blog sites that you like for style and content.
- Let them know which two or three blogs you read in your own industry.
- Be patient, it will typically take four to eight blog posts for the writer to hit a stride in writing for you.
- Make sure to read your own blog and help the writer to understand what you like so that they can do more of that particular topic or style of blog post.
- As you browse the web send them links of content that you think would make a great background for a blog post. This actually helps them to know what you like.
The more initial interaction you have with your blog writer the better and more effective the blog posts will be for your personal business needs. That doesn’t mean that you need to do these steps beyond the initial break in period, but for the first week to two weeks your input will be hugely helpful and will shape the future of your blog post content.
If you are looking for quality blog writers for your own blog, I invite you to review our services.