We are here to help clients and prospects in these trying times. You can count on our team to give you honest advice and recommendations.
Unfortunately, it is true that paid search engine exposure using Google Ads on Google.com and Microsoft Advertising ads on Bing.com is no longer optional for business growth.
The ever shrinking landscape and increased competition for space online and particularly on small screen devices has made positioning your brand or service in paid search engine ads nearly mandatory for growth. Of interesting note is that even social networks are starting to become paid vehicles for business too.
The days of posting great content and being discovered and placed organically with that content are nearly a thing of the past.
With a typical business spending 10% of it’s sales budget on marketing, it is time to review how much you are spending in paid search and even paid social placements and platforms.
Here’s what we see as of March 2020 as important trends and client use:
• Clients are increasing budgets in Google Ads and using more Display and audience features to provide value and targeted results. The typical client is spending over $3,000 for clicks per month and many significantly more as they receive a strong return on their investment.
• We have clients in the social marketing space, but have not seen high numbers move into paid marketing hereyet, but competitors in some industries are investing in sponsored content in social in increasing numbers. This will be a high growth area for spending in the upcoming years for some business sectors. Specifically we expect this growth to happen on Facebook and Instagram.
• More clients are moving into Microsoft Advertising as remarketing can still be done for healthcare and legal professionals – whereas these markets are banned from using this type of advertising through Google Ads.
• We are seeing strong interest in Microsoft Advertising for LinkedIn targeted audiences on Bing.com. For most accounts we are not seeing this as an option in account settings yet, but it is coming, and will be an excellent reason to advertise on Bing.com. For business to business selling clients – this new targeting option will be reason enough to move into the Microsoft Advertising platform.
• Google is making big changes to the Google Partners program and many agencies will be dropping or not be able to re certify with the new program. Our value to you is that we will continue to work to comply with all requirements to keep our Google Partner status. We will soon be certified in all areas and fully expect our certification to be renewed in June. Watch your account management firm’s credentials to assure that they do not let slip this important qualification that sets professional account managers, like ourselves, apart from managers that are not serious or skilled in account management.
As a Google Partner and Microsoft Advertising Partner, McCord Web Services takes strategic account management seriously. Find out more about our services and qualifications today. We would be glad to chat with you to see if our services and capabilities are a good match for your search engine marketing management needs.
As a Google Partner and Bing Partner, I feel like I can speak with authority on this topic. In AdWords alone, I manage an actual monthly ad spend for clients of over $120,000 per 30 days or $1,441,776 yearly. As an experienced account manager I have to say that I simply hate broad match.
Don’t get me wrong, I like using broad match modifiers for keywords, but I feel that for most clients broad match is simply a way to bleed cash out of a pay per click account.
Google AdWords and Bing Ads (especially Bing Ads) Love, Love, Love broad match keywords. Heavy use of broad match without a reality check on the terms your ads are showing for is lining their pockets with your cash.
McCord Web Services is a Bing Partner and Accredited Bing Ads Professional.
If you don’t believe me, click just one of your high click volume broad match keywords and then click the drop down to view search queries. You will be shocked to see what is there.
Even with a huge and extensive negative keyword list, the way both Google and Bing Ads show your ads on synonyms for your broad match keyword would simply not be a good fit for most businesses that are focused on direct action or lead conversions and sales.
I hate to say never, but as click costs rise in an account the first thing I do is move out of broad match, use only broad match modifiers, phrase match and exact match. I end up with a much better cost per conversion and better overall results.
Need a savvy pay per click account manager on your side? Check out our programs. We work as a white label supplier/expert for agencies
As a Google Partner specializing in AdWords, I want to share several key benefits with you as to why working with a Google Partner in AdWords is important.
Google Tests Us Yearly
Each year I have to recertify with Google to keep my Partner status. I take the AdWords Fundamental Exam every year and every other year I also take the AdWords Advanced Search Exam. These are not “gimme” tests. I study over 30 hours for each professional certification examination and am tested on over 1,000 pages of features in AdWords as well as account management techniques.
These exams are hard. They are comprehensive, and studying the materials is a key to staying up-to-date on AdWords features and their use. I personally feel that I benefit tremendously from these intensive refreshers and so do my clients.
Google Evaluates Our Account Management Practices
As a Google Partner, Google monitors activity in my MCC (My Client Center) account. The MCC is where all my firm’s client accounts are linked, to allow me one login to manage all accounts. Google reviews how frequently I am in client accounts, the benefit of the changes I make to account performance and the features I am are using for each account.
Google Evaluates What I Do for Clients and How I Market Our Services
As part of initially establishing my firm as a Google Partner, Google had a third party review all my reports to clients, my marketing materials, and how I marketed Google Products to clients. Google means business when they share their name with firm and allow Google Partner Status. As a Google Partner I am held to a higher standard than others who sell similar services.
If you want peace of mind that your AdWords account manager is skilled to provide quality services, Google has done the vetting for you before awarding Google Partner status.
The Benefits of Using McCord Web Services as Your Account Manager
I have been an AdWords account manager for over 10 years. From a depth of experience, I understand how to leverage activity on AdWords to drive traffic, increase exposure but most importantly to generate leads for your AdWords program.
Routine management of your account includes a review two or three times a week based on what I am testing or evaluating. During each review I look to boost click activity, conversions, and the click through rate by refining keywords, adding negative keywords, reviewing actual search queries and reviewing and refining ad text. Additionally I review and add new features as they are available, troubleshoot performance problems, and give advice on landing page and website improvements. I am always keeping an eye on performance and the cost per conversion for your program.
With advanced knowledge of the AdWords system, years of account management experience, I have been able to guide many AdWords programs to success and boost inquiries through AdWords.
I have personally love the challenge of working in AdWords and live and breathe AdWords.
I work hard to be accessible to you and to offer honest advice and recommendations for Google AdWords as well as for content back on your website to lead visitors into contacting you with a program or service inquiry through our monthly strategy phone calls.
If you are ready for us to manage your AdWords program, know that our fees are affordable, our communication is proactive, and we are seriously focused on exceeding your expectations in all we do.
To help you fuller understand the new terminology in your Dashboard report and the changes that Google has made to drop the Average Position metric, here are the definitions of these two new important terms that appear in your reports.
Explanation of Search Top IS (Impression Share)
Search top impression share (IS) is the impressions you’ve received in the top location on the search result page divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive in the top location. Use this metric to bid on the top page location.
The top location is anywhere ads appear above the organic search results. Eligibility is based on your current ads’ targeting settings, approval statuses, bids, and quality.
Explanation of Search Abs. (Absolute) Top IS (Impression Share)
“Search absolute top impression share” is the percentage of your Search ad impressions that are shown in the most prominent Search position.
Absolute top impression share = absolute top impressions / total eligible top impressions
What this means for you:
By using two new metrics, Google more clearly details where your ads fall in the competitive auction for first page placement. Google no longer shows when your ads appear underneath the organic search results in position 6-10 or on the second page of search results.
By reviewing these new metrics, you can identify if your bids, budget, and quality score which are used to determine ad rank are high enough to support ads appearing in the positions above the search results either in any position or the very top position.
We love to provide the best Google Ads consulting and management service possible to our clients. At all levels of our service, we provide time for a monthly strategy call.
Here’s the value of a monthly call:
- We get a chance to check our current Google Ads strategy against your needs.
- We get feedback from you on what is trending in your business and in sales so as to rearrange our program if needed.
- We get an opportunity to review your budget to keep on track with your marketing plan and revise budgets up or down.
I personally find that when we have regular feedback from the client in regards to how Google Ads is working for them, that performance is better and customer satisfaction with Google pay per click is higher.
As team members who participate in your success, the synergy between business owner and myself allows better targeting of Google Ads activity to match your business needs.